How to make Honey Wine
It's possible to make wine from almost anything, even grapes. My wines are usually made of fruits, but my favorite is honey wine (mead).
Here you find my method of making mead or honey wine, together with some quotes and proverbs about honey and bees.
In Ethiopia, honey is used to make a famous drink called Tej. Find out how I make my own version of Ethiopian mead.
- Tomatoes and oregano make it Italian; wine and tarragon make it French. Sour cream makes it Russian; lemon and cinnamon make it Greek. Soy sauce makes it Chinese; garlic makes it good. (Alice May Brock)
- And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the vats shall overflow with wine and oil. (Bible quote)
- Beautiful grapes often make poor wine.
- In wine there is wisdom. In beer there is strength. In water there is bacteria.
- No melon peddler cries, “Bitter melons”. No wine dealer says, “Sour wine”.
- Some men will build a wine cellar when they have found just one grape.
- The truth is in the wine.
- Without wine, even beautiful cherry blossoms have small attraction.